Respond to texts and a question to explore the ideas and impressions.
The three texts given to me is in the files I uploaded. Perpetual Motion by Tony Hoagland reflects on the emotions one experiences while travelling. In the excerpt from Miriam Toews’ novel All My Puny Sorrows, the narrator’s sister is about to leave home. Fan Ho’s photograph of his cousin, entitled Approaching Shadow, was taken in Hong Kong in 1954.
What do these texts suggest to you about the impact of separation in an individual’s life? Support your idea(s) with reference to one or more of the prompting texts presented and to your previous knowledge and/or experience.
Reference to at least one of the texts given use the controlling idea to find a parallel in your life or someone close to you try to support your personal connection with details from the text(s) use a prose form to respond
Analyzing the Text(s)
1) Introduce the selected text(s) and the theme or controlling idea related to the given topic. Choose more than one text you must focus on both equally and integrate your controlling idea throughout.
2) Select 3 to 5 specific details that support your identified controlling idea or theme.
Draw Personal Connection
1) Reflect upon and describe an incident that relates to the stated main idea, theme or controlling idea addressed in part one.
2) The personal incident should be drawn from your own experience or the experience of the following:
• a close relation: parent, sibling, or grandparent . a more distant relation
• a friend or neighbour
something that you read about (factual or fictional) something that you viewed on film, television, or other visual media
3) The event you describe must show what you learned from the event and should relate purposefully to the topic given. You must explain the connection between the two experiences.
Part Three: A Global Generalization
1) In what way are the ideas of the author universal? Reflect on the significance of the author’s ideas and how well ideas shed light upon the human condition. What makes those ideas important to all people, in all places, at all times?
2) Evaluate the truth that lies at the heart of the author’s thinking.
3) Make sure your generalization is related to the topic given and your chosen controlling idea regarding that topic.
One prose form that you may use to organize your ideas can be deconstructed as follows:
1. State the author, title and your controlling idea in the first few sentences.
2. In the next few sentences, provide specific details from the given texts that prove your idea. (integrate quotes)
3. Compare yourself to someone or the theme in the following sentences. Make sure to use details from the given text to show how you’ve identified with the message.
4. Conclude your essay with one or two sentences leading toward an insightful generalization about the topic.
4-5 paragraphs: introduction, 2-3 body paragraph, and a conclusion.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.