Review the case study and then answer the questions that follow.
Erica Daniels-Dottir is a 13-year-old Caucasian female who was admitted today to an inpatient adolescent psychiatric unit for suicidal ideation and reports of severe depression. She has no other significant medical problems. You are at a meeting with Erica and her mothers, Sally Daniels and Thea Sindridottir. Erica has had severe mood swings, irritability, and dangerous and impulsive behavior. This is her third suicide attempt in the past two months.
From your perspective as Erica’s psychiatric nurse practitioner, answer the following questions in a two- to three-page double-spaced paper (not including the reference page) and in APA format. Include at least three peer-reviewed, evidence-based references.
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONs, RUNNING HEAD,2016-2020 REFERENCES PLEASE
1. You are assigned to complete a psychiatric evaluation on Erica. Identify the clinical presentation and symptoms you would expect to see if you were to make a diagnosis of Major Depression.
2. What lab tests would you order? Discuss the rationale for each test.
3. Erica’s mothers want to know how their daughter could be depressed enough to require psychiatric hospitalization. What information would you need from Erica’s mothers relative to family, Erica’s current and past functioning, and the rationale for needing inpatient psychiatric treatment rather than outpatient treatment at this time?
4. Erica’s mothers tell you they do not want to medicate her. How do you discuss medication treatment with parents of teenagers and of younger patients? How young is too young? At what age do you consider the child’s opinion? (Optional: Imagine Sally and Thea are divorced, and one of them wants medications and the other does not. How do you mediate that conversation?)
5. Identify pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions you might recommend. Include a specific recommendation of a psychotropic medication (include starting dose and side effects to monitor). Provide the rationale for these recommendations. Identify how the drug you select is metabolized and its mechanism of action.
6. How would you know when Erica would be ready for a safe discharge relative to symptom presentation and functioning? What are the potential complications if these symptoms are not well managed?
• After submitting your assignment, select Submission Details to view your similarity score.
• Your similarity score will appear as a percentage next to your submitted file.
• It may take up to 24 hours for your similarity score to appear.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.