Week 5 – Troubleshooting “The Internets”
This week we focus on using the command-line interface to troubleshoot connectivity issues, as well as using it to do basic tasks.
Now it’s time to introduce a new requirement to your project.
· Rats! Rats have eaten through all of the cables in the building and now some computers are not responding properly.
o Fix it!
How do we identify where the connection problem has occurred? Introducing DOS – An important tool for technicians.
As an IT professional you must be able to find and fix connectivity issues using multiple methods.
· Learn from ComputerHope.com some of the simple DOS commands that you will need:
· For extra help, and to learn how to elevate a prompt watch the video – Basic DOS Commands:
· Practice making folders, changing directories, and finding and manipulating files.
o For advanced students – learn to use command redirection and piping.
· Open up a text editor and create a batch file for the newly created network.
o This batch file must do six functions. Examples include greeting the user when he / she logs in, displaying the time and date, automating file or folder creation, and creating a menu for the user to call other applications or batch files.
o When done, save this file with a *.bat extension to indicate to the computer that it is a batch file.
o Next, hit enter and observe it do its thing.
· Observe the computers that have limited connection, we will use the command-line interface to troubleshoot the problem.
o IPCONFIG (/release all) (/renew all)
o TRACERT (google.com)
o PING (127.0.0.1)
· Use these commands to identify problem areas, attempt to ping different “nodes” or “hops” to identify where the “fault” is.
For your task, submit your strategic analysis of your project.
· Prepare a list of recommended troubleshooting steps for the users of your organization so that anyone could follow if you provided it to them over the phone to help them fix their internet connection. Make sure to identify all of the steps in order, and include conditional branching to cover the major possibilities.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.