Final Research Paper
[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 1, 3, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please review your feedback from the Week 3 Assignment: Summarize Your Sources for the Final Research Paper. Make sure that your instructor approved of the sources you chose for the final paper and your working thesis statement. Make any changes that your instructor requested prior to beginning work on the final paper.
For help in completing this assignment, see the Tutorial for the Week Five Final Paper, (Links to an external site (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xizkNJTR3oCgIJK_t_vTZzqcR7qkx_8ZZyPAJlH48Qk/present?slide=id.g1096f407e3_0_141)
which will walk you through how to successfully complete the Final Research Paper.
· See this sample paper for an overview of what should be covered in each part of the paper.
· See the ANT101 Final Paper Checklist for a list of requirements for each part of the paper.
If you’d like to see a bigger version of this tutorial, please click here (Links to an external site.).
In the Final Research Paper, you will
· Describe an aspect of your own culture from an etic (outsider’s) perspective in Part I of the paper.
· Describe an aspect of another culture from an emic (insider’s) perspective in Part II of the paper.
· Apply cultural relativism in order to examine misconceptions about culture that may occur due to ethnocentrism.
o Keep the distinction between cultural relativism and moral relativism in mind as you write your final paper.
o Even if you do not personally agree with a cultural practice, explain how the practice makes sense in its cultural context.
o Avoid opinionated or judgmental language in your paper.
· Analyze your chosen aspect in terms of how it developed as part of a social system within both your culture and another culture.
· Analyze your chosen aspect in terms of its purpose as part of a social system both within your own culture and another culture.
The Final Research Paper
· Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (excluding title page and references page, meaning it will be seven to eight pages total), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.).
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
§ For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
· Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
o For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
· Must include at least one full-text scholarly resource ideally from the Ashford University Library in addition to the textbook, the Miner article, and the article chosen from the List of Topics (Links to an external site.) in Part II of the Week 3 assignment.
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
· Submit your paper to Grammarly (Links to an external site.) to check for spelling and grammatical errors.
· To avoid potential errors in acknowledging your sources, run your paper through Turnitin (review Using (Links to an external site.) Turnitin Through Waypoint (Links to an external site.)) to check for any problems.
o Review how to interpret a Turnitin report starting on page nine of Turnitin: For Students: A Guide for (Links to an external site.) Using & Understanding This Resource. (Links to an external site.)
o To correct any mistakes, review the Ashford Writing Center’s guide to quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.