This module is reserved for your Paper 2 – Literary Analysis.
(1) Find a short story (any story of your choice) that lends itself to interpretations of race or gender. Choose a story that we have not discussed in the course.
(2) If you want, instead of a short story, you can also choose a novel or a film. Please note, your paper has to be on fiction/literary.
(3) You need to interpret the story by commenting on the plot, themes, symbols, literary techniques like irony and so on, title, characterization and setting, and how they contribute towards the story’s theme(s) of race and gender. You can pick and choose from this list and do not have to include all in your analysis.
(4) This will be a 5 page paper, excluding the ‘Works Cited’ page (12 font size, Times New Roman, and Double-spaced). Format it in the MLA 8th or APA style. Check our Purdue OWL website for more on the formatting.
(5) Your paper must also have a formal title of its own.
(6) Write an Introduction with a thesis statement, construct well-defined paragraphs, and write a conclusion to sum up your discussion.
(7) More importantly, go beyond the plot/story. I want you to interpret the story, and therefore the tone should be persuasive or argumentative. Consider this as an chance to show off your critical thinking and analytical skills. You can discuss themes like race and gender and its representations in your chosen work.
(8) When analyzing themes of race and gender, you can agree or disagree with the author. comment on the stereotypes, or how the character(s) defy it or anything on those lines. You can critique the author as well the text.
(9) Use at least 3 different secondary sources to support your analysis. Extra credit will be given for those who use at least 2 printed secondary sources instead of relying only on the web. Also, you need to use textual examples/quotes to support your argument.
(10) If you cannot find critical articles specifically for your chosen text, you may use something that is related to your analysis in a broader sense. Please check with the librarian for more resources. There is also tutoring facilities available in our library for this purpose. Please make use of these resources.
Check the sample paper to get an idea. If you need help with any of this, feel free to email me or meet with a tutor in our Palisano Writing Center.
Due Date : Nov 30
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.