It is September 2021. COVID-19 has been a public health crisis for a year and a half now, with the daily Canadian cases now in the tens of thousands. All leading international contenders for a vaccination have failed except for one: Vaccine X. Vaccine X has gone through reputable academic studies and had excellent results (90-99% efficacy and only local side effects, such as swelling at the injection site). The Canadian government has deemed the vaccine to be safe and the producer of the vaccine, COVID LABS, has started mass production and doses of the vaccine in the US. However, the population of Canada is roughly 37.59 million people, and the government has only been able to secure 15 million doses of the vaccine – enough for less than half of the population. Due to complications with distribution, supply chains, and international demand, more doses will not be available to Canadians until late 2022, which is more than a year away. You are the Assistant Deputy Minister (of Infectious Disease and Emergency Preparedness) at The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), which is the Canadian equivalent to the Center for Disease Control (CDC). You and other members of your team at PHAC have been tasked by the Prime Minister with deciding which citizens will receive the vaccine and in what order. While you have very few certainties in terms of information, this is what you do know for sure:
1. COVID-19 has a high Herd Immunity Threshold of 90-95%, meaning that until almost all Canadian citizens have the vaccination, herd immunity will not happen.
2. There are no other leading contenders for vaccines – at this point, you must prepare for there to be no other vaccination options until Winter 2022, when more doses of Vaccine X are available. 3. Canadian citizens have become complacent, desperate, and agitated with COVID restrictions and they are not quarantining the way that is necessary to keep numbers low. Hospitals are seeing surges in cases and are quickly running out of space.
4. Areas of the country with high population density (Toronto, GTA, Ottawa, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Calgary, etc.) are getting hit the hardest right now because people are living and working together closely.
5. The Federal and Provincial governments do not have the funding or resources to support any sort of large-scale lockdown procedures neither now nor in the near future. As the Assistant Deputy Minister (of Infectious Disease and Emergency Preparedness), the Chief Public Health Officer (your boss, who reports directly to the Prime Minister) has reached out to you directly to ask for your recommendations on the criteria and order that should be used to distribute the vaccine to the Canadian public.
ASSIGNMENT: Compose an email to the Chief Public Health Officer that details a plan for distributing Vaccine X and explains the reasons and impacts of your choices (how will your plan likely affect the population?). The email must be written in complete paragraphs and you must include the following in your response:
1. A thesis statement that outlines your plan and your rationale. Note: there is no right answer here – it’s up to you to come up with a plan and provide evidence and explanation to help justify why you think it’s the best strategy.
2. Direct quotations from at least
different sources (primary, secondary, or tertiary). They may be academic or professional sources. The evidence should be introduced and analyzed properly.
3. Provide correct MLA or APA in-text citations and reference entries for each of your sources.( 1 per citations and 1 per reference)
4. Use Brewer’s model for strategic communication in your letter. Be sure to highlight or provide text notes to indicate which of the following you’ve used and where in your letter (you might highlight the sentences the same colour, insert footnotes and tell me what the sentences are doing, or insert notes on the side of the page and tell me).
*Identify the goal: what is the outcome that you want to happen?
*Understand your audience: understanding audience values helps us to understand needs. *Communicate the value: Demonstrate what the other person can get out of the situation
*Express the need: Use the value to express the need that they both want – combat the resistance that people are facing through challenges.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.