Due November 18th
In this unit you learned about the ideas of Gordon Allport and briefly, Raymond Cattell. Specifically, you learned additional ways that psychologists attempt to understand one’s personality. For Allport, you learned about “morphogenic science” and his usage of letters and diaries to examine personality, and with Cattell you learned about L, Q, and T data. The purpose of this assignment is to apply these approaches in a personally meaningful way. Several steps are required to complete this assignment.
1) You will take on the role of a morphogenic scientist. I will ask you to examine the data that you leave behind in order to further understand your personality. For example, read over our old/current diaries/journals if you have one, look over texts, e-mails, tweets, facebook responses, letters written, stories you wrote as a child, etc. In reviewing this material, note any themes you might see and think to yourself, if a stranger were reviewing this material, how would that person view me? Basically, what does all this information say about your personality. Try to be objective. Pretend that someone who does not know you is reading this information for the first time. If he/she reviewed these things, how might that person view you? Of note, try to use trait terminology when writing this section (e.g., someone reviewing this material would say that I am aggressive, kind, generous, etc.).
2) Remember Allport’s idea regarding central dispositions. Identify and write down 5 – 10 characteristics that you believe most represent you. Next, select 3 -5 people in your life and ask them how they would describe you. These people can be family members, friends, neighbors, classmates, significant others, colleagues, co-workers, etc. Write down their responses and review the information. See what if any themes/patterns emerge. Was there general agreement? Did others see you the way you see yourself? Also, when conducing these pseudo-interviews, note what questions you ask these people in trying to get them to describe you and why you used those questions.
3) Write about what this experience was like for you and what you learned about yourself. You do not need to hand in your texts, e-mails, diaries, etc. I am asking you to write about how you felt reviewing these materials, what did you learn about yourself, do you think it was accurate, do you view it as a useful way to learn about someone’s personality, etc.
4) Write about your experience in talking with others about how they view you. Write about what themes you noticed, how did it feel hearing things about yourself, what problems might you have with this approach, and do you think it was informative.
5) For both steps 4 and 5 you can provide examples if you like about what you learned about yourself, but I realize that this is a more personal assignment than the others and you do not need to disclose anything that would make you feel uncomfortable. I want you to focus on what the experience was like fulfilling this activity, what might you have learned about yourself, and if you feel that these methods do represent valid personality measures.
Once again, I feel that the more work you put into this assignment, the better you will understand the material. Your assignment should be at least 2 -4 pages double-spaced. Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions/concerns.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.