Topical Research Project:
1. Identify a chief complaint you have observed in the school clinic.
2. Search Pubmed for three types of articles: one qualitative study, one clinical trial, and one systematic review on the chief complaint.
3. Complete the qualitative research worksheet for the qualitative study, the treatment article worksheet for the clinical trial, and the summary research worksheet for the systematic review in order to assess each article for bias and validity. The worksheets are available on our class Moodle site.
Work Sheet Links:
Qualitative research worksheet: file:///Users/meeshapike/Downloads/qualitative-research-worksheet.pdf
Treatment article worksheet:
Summary research worksheet:
4. Summarize the three articles, identifying the type of study, the intervention, the outcome tools, and the results.
5. Report on your findings from the checklist.
6. Search the IN-CAM database for appropriate outcome tools to assess this chief complaint in a clinical setting. Compare the outcome tool you identified to the MYMOP. Describe the strengths and weaknesses of both outcome tools.
7. Finally, discuss how this information could be applied to the care of a patient with the chief complaint.
The project should be no more than 6 pages, including references.
See the rubric below for assessment criteria.
Rubric for Topical Research Project:
Format: All citations conform to APA format, the Reference page conforms to APA format, all writing is at a doctoral level, and the paper has been proofread for errors and typos. (20%)
Summary & Analysis of Qualitative Study: The correct type of study was identified, all pertinent details were reported, including outcome tools and findings. The student analyzed both the relevance and validity of the article. (20%)
Summary & Analysis of Clinical Trial: The correct type of study was identified, and all pertinent details were reported, including outcome tools and findings. Relevant statistics were reported. The student analyzed the relevance, validity & interpretation of the article. (20%)
Summary & Analysis of Systematic Review: The correct type of study was identified, and all pertinent details were reported, including outcome tools and findings. Relevant statistics were reported. The student analyzed the relevance, validity & results of the article. (20%)
Outcome tool: An appropriate outcome tool was discussed for the chief complaint. The student compared the strengths and weaknesses of both the outcome tool and the MYMOP tool. (20%)
We will be presenting our topical research papers. All students are required to participate. You will be required to prepare a PowerPoint presentation covering your findings in your project. YOU MUST BE PRESENT DURING YOUR PRESENTATION in WEEK 13 TO RECEIVE CREDIT. In addition, you will be graded on the following:
1. The speaker clearly understood the topic and presented information convincingly.
2. The speaker’s argument was well organized.
3. The speaker presented evidence (statistics, examples, facts, published opinions, research) to support his argument.
4. The speaker’s delivery style (tone of voice, enthusiasm, persuasion, not relying on/reading notes) was clear.
Below are PubMed Resources I’ve gathered but you can use others from PubMed is you choose:
Qualitative study: Practitioner perspectives on strategies to promote longer-term benefits of acupuncture or counseling for depression: a qualitative study
Systematic Review: The effectiveness of acupuncture for depression–a systematic review of randomized controlled trials
Clinical trial: Can acupuncture combined with SSRIs improve clinical symptoms and quality of life in patients with depression? Secondary outcomes of a pragmatic randomized controlled trial
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.