In order to complete this task, you will need to access the link in the course of study to watch 10 videos from the ATLAS: Video Observation Program. It is your choice as to which 10 videos you choose to focus on for this task, as they relate to teaching diverse and exceptional learners. After viewing each of the chosen 10 videos, complete the attached “ABP1 Video Observation Form.” Respond to the prompts below by writing a narrative.
By way of information, the title to this task and much of the information in the related course material uses the term “exceptional learners.” For this task, this term has been narrowed to mean “students with disabilities or gifted learners.” Please keep this in mind as you respond to the prompts.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Watch 10 videos in the area of diverse and exceptional learners (i.e., students with disabilities or gifted learners) and complete the attached “ABP1- Video Observation Form” with information for each video.
Note: The “ABP1 Video Observation Form” should be submitted with each task. For task 3, you need to complete through the task 3 section prior to submission. This includes submitting the sections of the form for tasks 1 and 2 that were already completed and evaluated, as no duplication of video observations is allowed among tasks.
B. Reflect on the videos related to diverse and exceptional learners (i.e., students with disabilities or gifted learners) by doing the following. Be sure to use a different video for each set of requirements in part B (i.e., parts B1, B2, B3, and B4 must all address a different video).
• include evidence from the video as support
• identify each video by title or case number
1. Describe the cultural appropriateness of the resources or learning opportunities used in one identified video.
a. Describe one resource the teacher could use to further support the cultural diversity within this classroom.
b. Describe how the teacher shows consideration for students’ cultural or linguistic diversity to enhance student learning.
c. Explain why you would or would not use the resource described in part B1a in the classroom setting observed in the identified video for part B1.
2. Describe a strategy the teacher in a second identified video uses to support culturally diverse learners (e.g., teacher uses materials representative of different cultures and ethnicities, conversations are reflective of a variety of students’ backgrounds, questioning techniques personally involve students, cooperative learning groups foster social relationships between culturally different students).
a. Evaluate the effectiveness of the strategy observed in part B2.
3. Describe the role exceptional education (i.e., education for students with disabilities or gifted learners) plays in the classroom observed in a third identified video.
a. Describe an accommodation or modification to instruction that was made by the teacher to address the needs of students with disabilities or gifted learners.
b. Describe two ways the teacher could further support students with disabilities or gifted learners in this classroom.
c. Explain why you would or would not use the accommodation or modification described in part B3a in the classroom setting of the identified video.
4. Describe how the teacher in a fourth identified video differentiates instruction to engage all students in a listening, speaking, reading, writing, or thinking activity.
a. Evaluate the effectiveness of the differentiation observed in part B4.
C. Reflect on your current teaching philosophy, considering all 10 videos, as it relates to teaching diverse and exceptional learners (i.e., students with disabilities or gifted learners) by providing the following:
• a description of your current teaching philosophy as it relates to teaching diverse and exceptional learners
• a description of strategies observed in the videos that you would like to emulate, including evidence from at least one video as support
• a description of strategies observed in the videos that you would like to avoid, including evidence from at least one video as support
• a description of characteristics of a classroom environment observed in the videos that you would like to teach in, including evidence from at least one video as support
Note: Identify each video by title or case number.
1. Describe the ethical responsibility of teachers in the classroom as it relates to diverse and exceptional learners (i.e., students with disabilities or gifted learners).
2. Explain how one specific aspect of school law (e.g., ADA, discrimination, bullying) applies to your teaching practice relating to diverse and exceptional learners (i.e., students with disabilities or gifted learners). As part of your explanation, reference the specific state or federal regulation or educational policy. Then provide specific examples of how you will support the law in your classroom.
D. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
E. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.