Is a Poetry Explication Essay on the poem ” Death od a young son by drowning”, Margaret Atwood.
Look up the definitions of any unfamiliar words.
4. What is the setting, the time and place, of the poem?
5. Paraphrase (rewrite in your own words) the poem.
The emotions of the poem
1. Look closely at the word and their connotative meanings.
2. What is the poem’s tone (the speaker’s attitude toward the subject and theme)?
The literary techniques of the poem
1. Look for metaphors, similes, personifications, symbols, metonymy, irony, etc.
2. What are the major images, both literal and figurative?
3. What specific elements contribute to sound, for example, rhyme and verse patterns, rhythm, and other sound effects such as alliteration?
Read the poem several times. Read it aloud at least once.
2. Write your immediate response to the poem.
The style of the poem
1. Consider the level of language and the sentence structure of the poem.
2. Does the poet use deceptively simple language to express complex ideas? Or are both the language and ideas comparatively simple to grasp?
3. Is the sentence structure complicated? Is the language elevated and formal?
The theme of the poem
1. The ideas of the poem all relate to, support and enhance on the theme or central idea of the poem.
2. Based upon the ideas of the poem, state the theme, the underlying meaning, of the poem in one complete sentence. This sentence will be a general statement about human nature or the human condition.
3. Remember the theme of the poem will be the thesis of your essay and, as in the case of short stories, there is no one correct statement of theme.
The critique of the poem
1. Give your personal evaluation of and reaction to the poem.
2. Write a conclusion that ties together everything that you have said about the poem.
3. This section may include some researched background on the poet or and the poem, if you so desire
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.