Textbook – Data Visualisation: A handbook for Data Driven Design by Andy Kirk( I don’t have a digital copy)
Background: Applying the material covered in Chapter 6 and now in Chapter 7 specifically focusing on Interactivity, the assignment for this chapter will analyze the gallery of 49 chart types from Chapter 6 and provide the following for 5 of your choice.
1. Select 5 chart type options from the gallery of 49 presented in Chapter 6
2. For each, select 3 of the 5 most often used data adjustment features and for each describe in detail how you would apply each to each of the 5 chart types. Example for one: Chart Type Selected – Word Cloud. The 3 Data Adjustments selected: Contributing – force input from the viewer/user to select one word from a drop-down list before moving forward with the display. The results would display the visualization with the stats for the word the viewer/user selected. The format for this information should be in a table format with no attempt for full sentences.
3. Immediately following this table, provide your perspective related to any problems, issues or constraints in selecting 3 data adjustment features for each chart type selected. You do not have to use the same data adjustment features for each chart type. An example of issues could be after selecting a Stream Graph and a Framing data adjustment feature, any example I developed did not make sense. I also had to change the data adjustment feature of navigating as my first choice because I could not think of an example to fit the data and chart type. Do NOT use any suggestion if any is provided in the text for interactivity. Do not copy my examples. You must not copy and paste any information from the text from the pages in the gallery. You must apply what you have learned from the previous chapters and not copy and paste from other sources. When you do use other sources to help gather any knowledge such as the text and other online materials such as the book companion site or the library, include each as a source on the reference page following APA formatting.
4. For each chart type selected, provide examples for each of the 3 Presentation adjustments and why those examples fit the data and chart type. Again, use a table format instead of attempting sentences.
5. Immediately following this table, provide your perspective related to any problems, issues or constraints in developing the examples of the 3 Presentation adjustments for each chart type selected. An example could be after selecting a Waffle Chart and a Focusing presentation adjustment feature, I had to develop 4 examples before the final choice made sense. Do NOT use any suggestion if any is provided in the text for interactivity. Do not copy any example I provided. You must not copy and paste any information from the text from the pages in the gallery. You must apply what you have learned from the previous chapters and not copy and paste from other sources. When you do use other sources to help gather any knowledge such as the text and other online materials such as the book companion site or the library, include each as a source on the reference page following APA formatting.
6. In a conclusion, provide your reflection on the chapter contents, the material and discussions in the discussion forum, and the efforts to complete the above requirements to include how these activities and knowledge will assist you in the future for your data visualization projects. These future projects could be the possible initiations at your organization or personal effort or maybe an upcoming class or degree requirement.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.