Dataset: Climate data from Al Kharj (KSA) and Al Ain (UAE)
Problem: Pure Harvest is trying to design a greenhouse for each of the locations – Al Ain and Al Kharj. Using the dataset provided, please address the following questions. Please show your work on excel and provide the answers in a power point presentation.
• Enthalpy: Measurement of heat content in a system. Temperature and humidity can be used to calculate enthalpy in the air.
• Shortwave Radiation: Amount of energy that is transmitted through light radiation measured as Watts per square meter.
• Evaporative cooling: lowering temperature of a body of air by means of evaporating water. Incoming air needs to have low humidity (low water content). Resulting outgoing air has lower temperature and higher water content (net enthalpy remains the same).
• Mechanical cooling: lowering temperature of a body of air by means of energy transfer between the air and a chilled surface. Typically, that is done by passing air through a coil with chilled water and allowing for coil to come in contact with the air. Resulting outgoing air has lower temperature and lower water content (net enthalpy reduces).
• Kindly identify the worst day of the year for each location – i.e. day with the highest temperature and highest relative humidity, day with lowest temperature and lowest relative humidity.
o Kindly identify the worst day in the past 5 years
o Kindly identify the worst day in the past 10 years
• For the rest of the questions, please only use data from the past 5 years.
• Please create a graph comparing monthly average temperature and humidity for each location.
o In your opinion, which of the two locations has higher year-round enthalpy?
• Kindly plot the hourly average summer day for a 24-hour period for each location. Kindly consider summer to be June-September.
o X-axis = hours 0-24 hours
o Y-axis = Shortwave radiation, temperature, relative humidity
• Assuming the farm in each geography is 10,000 sqm, and the structure allows for only 80% of shortwave radiation to enter into the farm (remaining 20% is refracted), for the average summer day:
o How much cooling do you require (in MWh) to remove all the energy entering the farm through light radiation in a 24-hour period during average summer day?
o How much cooling do you require (in MWh) to remove all the energy entering the farm through light radiation in a 24-hour period during the peak summer day?
o If you are using a 3MW chiller (mechanical cooling using chilled water) to cool the farm from light radiation, assuming no chilled water storage is available, at what points during the day will the chiller reach maximum capacity? Please mark the period of maximum loading on the average summer day 24-hour period graph.
o If you decide to use evaporative cooling to cool the farm, assuming you can only use evaporative cooling when relative humidity is under 40%, which period of the day will you be able to use evaporative cooling? Please mark the period of maximum loading on the average summer day 24-hour period graph.
• What do you think are the pros and cons between using mechanical cooling vs. evaporative cooling?
o Which of the two cooling systems would you give priority in each country?
• What are the pros and cons of using water-cooled and air-cooled chillers?
o Which of the two would you recommend using in each geography and why?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.