Theme: Analysis of art telling the story of Homer’s Odysseus and the One-Eyed Cyclops
Format: 12 pt. font; Times New Roman; 1-inch margins on each side; top and bottom, MLA Format
1. Introduction with your thesis statements
2. Supporting Paragraph(s). Each paragraph must start with a sentence that defines your
discussion in the paragraph below
3. Conclusion: Not merely a summary of what you discussed above but a larger discussion of
your original thesis.
Part A: Read the following excerpts from Homer’s The Odyssey (Book IX) to give context to the scenes telling the story of Odysseus confrontation with the One-Eye Cyclops, Polyphemus
Poetry in Translation website: Homer’s The Odyssey
Part B: View TWO works of art
You are to view the following TWO works of art that depict scenes from Homer’s The Odyssey retelling the events of Odysseus and his encounter with the One-Eyed Cyclops. You may search the works of art from the Getty website (There is information to be located here):
Part C: Write your essay comparing the poem to the works of art.
Here are sample questions to consider in your discussion once you have read the poem and viewed the works of art You may choose your own questions when evaluating the literature to the artworks.
• How can you relate the poem to the scenes depicted on the works of art? Is the narration depicted on the works of art in way different than what you read in the poem? If so, provide a brief description of what sees different in your analysis.
• How has the artist chosen to illustrate these scenes of the story?
• In your opinion, which artwork best illustrates the scenes depicted, the vases or the statuette?
• How would you describe Odysseus? How does he react to the situations he finds himself in? Odysseus is known as the “quick-witted” and “wily” one. Does this story support his nickname? Why or why not?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.