Please read the following JSTOR article:
Lord Ragland, “Myth and Ritual.”
Please view the following video on Netflix:
“Nosedive,” Black Mirror (Season 3, Episode 1).
Please view the following TED Talk:
Juan Enriquez, “Your Online Life, Permanent as a Tattoo.”
Please read the following articles on China’s “social credit system”:
Rachel Botsman, “Big Data Meets Big Brother as China Moves to Rate Its Citizens”- https://www.wired.co.uk/article/chinese-government-social-credit-score-privacy-invasion
Meg Jing Zeng, “China’s Social Credit System Puts Its People Under Pressure to Be Model Citizens”- https://theconversation.com/chinas-social-credit-system-puts-its-people-under-pressure-to-be-model-citizens-89963
Alexandra Ma, “China Has Started Ranking Citizens with a Creepy ‘Social Credit’ System—Here’s What You Can Do Wrong, and the Embarrassing, Demeaning Ways They Can Punish You.”
Technology: Role and Place
For this discussion, respond to two of the five prompts below:
1. Discuss your use of social media in both a personal and professional context by selecting one example of each. How do the numerous avatars from the contexts relate to one another? How do they lend themselves to self-mythologizing? How closely related are these avatars to creation myths? Explain.
2. Discuss how the internet is both a platform for belief and for ritual. Select at least four websites or forums with which you participate regularly, and evaluate your participation.
3. Discuss Juan Enriquez’s notion of “electronic tattoos” and their threat to privacy.
4. Summarize Ragland’s argument regarding the relationship between myth and ritual. How do these issues inform contemporary uses of technology? How is the ever-growing promise of technology’s possibilities mythic? Why does this understanding matter? Explain.
5. Select one of the three articles related to China’s proposed social credit system, and discuss potential impacts, either positive or negative. How realistic does Black Mirror’s “Nosedive” episode seem as an artistic rendering of such a future? Explain.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Valley, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.